Recital Registration for our Spring show is now closed.
At this time we are unable to accommodate any late registrations. Please join us for our summer camps and fall classes for our December show!
Join us for our May 18th Performance, “Dancespirations”!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is a dance recital and why should I participate?
A dance recital is an opportunity for dancers to showcase their hard work, skills and routine for family and friends. Dancers dress in stage costumes and perform with their class. Recital is a special day for dancers that gives them an opportunity to dress up, feel proud, play backstage with their peers and staff and gain confidence from their accomplishments all session. It’s truly a day they will always remember.
What is the cost for recital?
Recital costume fee is $60 for the recital costume. Children are measured, the costume is ordered and the dancers keeps their costume. Tickets range from $10-$15 depending on pre-sale. Proceeds from the tickets go directly to the rental costs of the auditorium, SAHS staff and security.
Where are recitals held?
Our recitals are held at the beautifully renovated Bill Medley Auditorium at Santa Ana High School. The facility has a fully operating stage and staff, secured backstage, professional sound and lighting.
How do I sign up?
You can register your dancer either online (this page) or you can complete the forms emailed to you from your instructor and bring to class with a check. Please make sure all parts of the form are completed and measurements are accurate. Please note deadline dates for commitment forms. Failure to sign up by these dates will result in non-participation.
How long does the recital last?
OCDP generally hosts 2 recitals in one day. Your child will only participate in one. Generally the times are 11:00am and 4:00pm. Each show lasts approximately 60 to 90 minutes. Call time for each show is one hour prior.
My child wants to do recital again! Is there another?
Yes, we host two recitals a year, a spring show each June and a winter show at the close of the fall session in December. Registration for June begins in January/February and for the December show registration for recital starts in September.
What happens backstage?
The entire OCDP staff works each recital and are with your children backstage. Each class remains with their instructor and other staff coloring, playing games, and doing activities with their peers and teachers. Backstage is locked off and secured only allowing our background-cleared staff to entertain the dancers before and after their performance.
Can we get a DVD of the event?
Yes, OCDP hires a professional videographer to capture the preshow activities, the recital, and the dancers backstage. DVD’s are $35 and can be ordered online or the day of the event.
I have more questions, who do I contact?
We are happy to answer them! Either email your instructor with specific questions or feel free to contact the OCDP office with any questions or concerns you may have!
**Please note, costumes tend to run small. It is better to order one size up. Taking in a costume is much easier than letting it out. No exchanges/refunds will be possible.**
How to Measure & Select Sizes for your Child’s OCDP Recital Costume
– Measure your child while she/he is wearing a leotard or form-fitting clothing for the most accurate measurements, do not measure your child in street clothes
– When trying to decide which size to order, girth should be the most important measurement for girls; if your child’s measurements fall under multiple sizes, go for the larger of the multiple sizes.
– Have your dancer stand straight with their weight evenly distributed
– The measurement tape should be snug but not too tight on circumference measurements and stretched tight for vertical measurements
– XLC and XXLC sizes are made to fit a larger child, not a petite adult
– Use your measurements to SELECT THREE SIZES, 1 size for Weissmans 1 size for Revolution and 1 size for Curtain Call
– OCDP will not select sizes for you. You are responsible for measuring and sizing, follow the instructions exactly; costumes are NON-refundable NON-exchangeable and you are responsible for any appropriate alterations.
– Your measurements and size selections need to be included on your recital form to be considered complete
– Boys: please provide street clothing size for Pants/Shorts and T-Shirt where indicated.