Your dancer wants to be in recital? Fabulous! What does this mean and what happens on recital day?
- Dancers enrolled in our classes always learn a fun and exciting routine to show their skills, but when participating in recital, your dancer will get to show their skills in a professional costume, on stage for their friends and family!
- Dancers will learn the routine beginning in our winter session and continue learning the dance during spring. Enrollment in both sessions is required to participate.
- On June 14th, 2014, we are having two shows for the recital: 11am and 4pm. Each show will last approximately 1.5hrs. Each dance class will only perform in one show.
- Dancers will need to be checked in backstage 1 hour before show time, stage ready (hair and make up done, costume including shoes on and ready to go). Then they will be whisked backstage to enjoy fun with qualified and screened chaperones, and of course the OCDP staff! Games, coloring books and a movie will be provided so your dancer can relax and have fun before and after they perform!
- Parents are encouraged to head to the lobby and auditorium to get a seat and prepare for the show!
- All dancers will need to remain backstage for the duration of the show. This is for safety of your dancers and courtesy to audience members. Upon conclusion we will release dancers by class to ensure a smooth transition back to their families.
How can you sign up? Enroll in your dance class, and then stay tuned! Instructors will provide all of the necessary information in class! Costume orders will be due to your instructor the week of February 10th! (Sorry no late orders accepted, due to shipping deadlines.) Keep checking our website for more details and all things to get your prepared for the big day!
The fee to participate is $60 via check, (sorry no cash or credit cards) to OC Dance Productions. This fee includes a professional costume, which will include props if applicable. You will be responsible for provided tights, shoes, and make-up/hair for your dancer. Your payment is going directly to all costs associated with costume purchasing and shipping. Your instructor will collect everything and our offices will process and get your dancer ready for the show!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to your instructor for more information!
We are looking forward to working with you and your dancer!
OC Dance Productions