2020 Policies & Procedures
Click the Drop-Downs Below for More Information
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes early and be sure to follow the current implemented guidelines and rules for COVID safety (will be sent to registrants and updated weekly dependent up state and local directives at that time).
- Dancers need to be picked up on time and instructors will not be responsible for children outside of class time. Some city locations charge a fee for participants picked up late for class. Please plan on waiting nearby for the duration of class or arrive for a prompt pick up at the end of class time.
- Siblings are not allowed to wait unsupervised.
- No gum, candy or anything in the dancer’s mouth is permitted at the start of class (safety/choking hazard)
- All COVID-19 protocols will be in effect for the duration of the fall and are subject to change at any given moment. OC Dance and the hosting city reserve the right to change these policies and procedures at any time. *Please see COVID-19 guidelines & protocols for more information.
- All waivers and agreements must be turned in or submitted in completion with all signatures and requested information before class starts and dancers enter the dance room. These waivers and agreements MUST be signed by the legal parent or guardian. Nannies, grandparents, babysitter signatures are not accepted.
For more General Rules please click here to be redirected to our Parent Portal.
Refund, Cancelation, Withdraw Policies
- Any class registered for through a city website/program will fall under that city’s policy for cancelations and withdraws. Please contact the city for your request.
- All classes and/or camps are subject to cancellation or change at any time.
- Fees are not prorated for missed classes or crafts. Make-ups for missed classes will fall under that city’s policy. Please contact the city for your request.
- Refunds will not be granted to those who have been asked to leave or be removed from class or for any other non-compliance reason in OCDP classes. COVID-19 restrictions, regulations, and procedures must be followed at all times.
COVID-19 Policies, Procedures & Protocols
*Our dancer and staff’s safety is of the utmost importance and priority during the COVID-19 pandemic. All policies and protocols are subject to change at any given time due to the fluid state of these state and local guidelines as weeks progress. OC Dance reserves the right to update, change, and implement these rules and regulations at any an all-times to remain a responsible business in our communities. OC Dance also reserves the right to refuse services to any family and/or participant who does not comply with these policies and protocols. No refunds will be processed for those who do not comply.
We thank you for your understanding and support.
- All participants’ parent or guardian is required to complete and turn in all COVID disclosures, waivers, and agreements in full prior to entering class.
- Masks may be required for classes at the time of the course. OCDP will comply with any and all local and city regulations regarding masks for participants and instructors. Masks will also be available for purchase if needed from the instructor.
- Temperatures may be checked upon arrival by the instructor or the city to ensure COVID safety measures. Any child with a temperature above 100.4 will not be permitted in class or camp. Parent may wait 5-10 minutes for an additional check due to warm weather or active child. Upon the 3rd check if the fever persists above 100.4 degrees the child will not be allowed into the program. No refunds will be given for missed days.
- All city-location classes may have different or additional policies and protocols than listed here. Please refer to your receipt notes and your welcome emails for updated protocols for that specific location or city.
- Some locations will use props. If used in class a clean and dirty bin will be present and items will be returned to the “dirty” bin. All props will be cleaned and dried immediately per COVID standards and solutions listed and approved by the CDC website as a sterilizing agent for COVID-19.
- Parents are responsible for reminding kids each day prior to entering camp or class about these policies, that they must be followed, and that the parent will be contacted to pick up the child if not complied.
- Teachers are instructed to call parents immediately for pick-up if child will not comply with the rules after being asked to.
- A sanitizing schedule will be in place for all classes. This includes prior to class, in increments as required by state, local and CDC guidelines, and after every class. Longer increments may be implemented between classes in blocks. Class may start late on occasion due to extra sanitation for any reason. OC Dance reserves the right to start class slightly late to adhere to these rules and regulations and will do so to ensure safety first for our families and staff.
- Social distancing protocol will be put into place with the recommended 6’ apart markers in the dance space area. Time will be taken at the beginning of the session or class to set these parameters and rules in place with participants. Non-compliance will result in being removed from class immediately. No refunds will be given for non-compliance in safety regulations. Please continue to remind your children outside of class to listen and comply with these guidelines with their instructor.
- Any existing cough, cold, or runny nose could be perceived as a COVID-19 symptom. Any participant that displays these symptoms will not be allowed into class without a doctor’s note indicating that the diagnosis is NOT related to COVID-19 (ie. Allergies, etc.). Without this official note presented to the instructor or OC Dance management, OC Dance reserves the right to drop the child from class without a refund.
- If any symptoms are presented after check-in, participant will be immediately given a face covering, requested to put it on, parent/guardian will be called for pick-up, and participant will be asked to wait in the lobby away from other participants until parent/guardian is able to pick up child. This regulation is non-negotiable. No refunds will be given if child must be taken home due to COVID-19 symptoms as listed and required by the OC Health Department.
- In the event COVID-19 surges and city and/or state directive is to shut businesses again all programming will move to an online format, as directed per city. No refunds will be given as the programming will still run in a virtual capacity if mandated.
- All participants will be asked to wash hands prior to entry at the beginning of class.
- All families are asked to bring their own hand sanitizer and keep with the adult during class. Children and families are asked to please use their sanitizer upon arrival prior to opening doors, touching surfaces or if the restroom is not accessible or one cannot maintain 6 ft distance standards by washing hands prior to class.
- Parents and/or siblings will not be permitted in the dance room as OC Dance must adhere to the max number of people in one room per distancing standards. Rooms and locations have pre-determined maximum counts and cannot allow additional people in the room at any time. Additionally, OC Dance cannot allow anyone near the dancers who is not enrolled as they have not been checked for COVID symptom. We ask that all families please respect these policies for safety.
- OC Dance prohibits sharing of foods, beverages and supplies either brought by child or provided by OC Dance at any time during the pandemic.
Summer 2020 Testimonials
- Charlie and her friend Kayla had a wonderful time! I thought you (Miss Marissa) did a wonderful job of staying professional while enforcing protocols that are for our safety. The Covid protocols enforced by OC Dance were what’s needed at this time and were professionally enforced for the safety of our littlest ones. There is a community need for safe, fun and professional programs. We would definitely take more classes and camps with OC Dance Productions in the future. Thank you for everything! – Crystal, San Clemente
- Thanks, Marissa! Izzy has a really good time and you did a great job! – Kevin, San Clemente
- Our family is so grateful you held camps this summer and we were impressed with the safety measures in place! My daughter loved going to camp every day and we hope you’ll have classes this Fall! Thank you! – Parent, Irvine
- Rosie had such a blast!! Will you have any other camps this summer? I will write to the city and I did already do a review on their website. Thank you!! – Parent, Irvine
My daughter participated in this last week’s pop star dance camp. Up until March 2020, my daughter attended Hip hop classes every Monday through the city. My daughter loves dancing & performing. We were soooo glad to have the opportunity for my daughter to do that again with this last week’s camp. She missed it soo much. Thank you for offering this course. We hope to participate in more very soon. – Nathalie, San Clemente