A dance recital is an opportunity for dancers to showcase their hard work, skills, and routine for family and friends. Dancers dress in stage costumes and perform with their class. Recital is a special day for dancers that gives them an opportunity to dress up, feel proud, and gain confidence from their accomplishments all session. It’s truly a day they will always remember!
While we wish we could offer recital to every city and every class, please only complete registration if your instructor has given you information directly. Recital participants must be enrolled in the appropriate class for all required sessions (winter and spring). If recital participants are enrolled in a class that consists of multiple consecutive sessions, proof of continued enrollment in the subsequent sessions is required to participate in the recital.
Date: Sunday, May 22, 2022 *Subject to change.
Location: Bill Medley Auditorium at Santa Ana High School. 520 W Walnut Street, Santa Ana, CA 92701
Time: Show time will be assigned at least one month prior, please reserve the day.
- The last day to register is February 28th, 2022
- Please be sure to read the Spring Recital Waiver and Release from Liability information and the Spring Recital Participation Policies prior to registering, as these must be agreed to during the registration process.
- Scroll down this page to register and select a date and time slot (this has NO effect on your registration and does NOT have to be the date/time you are registering or the recital date). Only date/time slots up to 2/28 will be available for selection.
- Agree to and sign the Waiver and Release from Liability form and Participation Policies form.
- Fill out the Registration Information and Costume Information
- Registration does NOT include your household (siblings)
- Registration must be completed per participant per class. Students registered for multiple classes, who wish to participate in recital with all classes they are registered in, must complete registration and pay the Commitment Fee per class.
- Pay the Commitment Fee
- Recital Commitment Fee is non-refundable. This one-time payment (per participant/per class) will be used to purchase a costume and cover shipping and handling costs. Dancers keep their costumes once received.
- GIRLS – $74
- BOYS – $45 and provide their own black bottoms (shorts or pants)
- Dancers participating in recital with more than one class will need to complete registration and pay the Recital Commitment Fee for each class.
- Please select the GIRLS option during registration, regardless of gender identity or gender expression, if your child would prefer to wear a stereotypical girl’s costume.
- Please select the BOYS option during registration, regardless of gender identity or gender expression, if your child would prefer to wear a stereotypical boy’s costume.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any trouble registering/paying for more than one dancer or more than one class.
Please note: recital is subject to change or cancelation based on the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Exact performance times will be released to participants at least one month prior to recital, please reserve the day.
Please note: costumes tend to run small. It is better to order one size up. Taking in a costume is much easier than letting it out. No exchanges/refunds will be possible.
How to Measure & Select Sizes for Your Child’s OCDP Recital Costume:
- Please select the GIRLS option during registration, regardless of gender identity or gender expression, if your child would prefer to wear a stereotypical girl’s costume. Measurements needed: bust, waist, hips, and girth.
- Please select the BOYS option during registration, regardless of gender identity or gender expression, if your child would prefer to wear a stereotypical boy’s costume. Measurements needed: bust and shirt size.
- Measure your child while they are wearing a leotard or form-fitting clothing for the most accurate measurements, do not measure your child in street clothes.
- When trying to decide which size to order, girth should be the most important measurement; if your child’s measurements fall under multiple sizes, go for the larger of the multiple sizes.
- Have your dancer stand straight with their weight evenly distributed.
- It’s recommended to use a cloth measuring tape for the most accurate measurements. The measuring tape should be snug but not too tight on circumference measurements and stretched tight for vertical measurements.
- XLC and XXLC sizes are made to fit a larger child, not a petite adult.
- XXSC and XSC sizes are made for the very tiniest of dancers and are typically too small for most dancers ages 3 and up. If your dancer’s measurements fall under or in the XXSC or XSC size range we recommend selecting size SC. If you truly believe the SC size will be too big for your dancer, please contact us at email@example.com before completing registration so we can consult with your child’s instructor.
Use your measurements to SELECT THREE SIZES, 1 size for Weissmans, 1 size for Discount Dance, and 1 size for Revolution Dance
- OCDP will not select sizes for you. You are responsible for measuring and sizing, follow the instructions exactly; costumes are NON-refundable and NON-exchangeable. You are responsible for any appropriate alterations.
- Your measurements and size selections need to be included during registration to be considered complete.
Getting the Measurements:
- Girth: Girth is the most important measurement when determining size! To measure girth, place a tape measure at the top of the shoulder where a leotard strap sits, then down through the crotch and back to the same shoulder. Measuring tape should be close to the body but not tight.
- Bust/Chest: Measure over the fullest part of your dancer’s chest with their arms relaxed at their sides.
- Waist: Measure around where your dancer’s waist naturally indents. Keep your finger between the tape and your dancer’s belly.
- Hips: Measure around the fullest part of the hips and buttocks while standing with heels together.
Weissmans Size Chart (in inches)
Discount Dance Size Chart (in inches)
Revolution Dance Size Chart (in inches)
All participants must agree to the following terms to complete registration:
I understand the nature of the activities that my child will be participating in, and I acknowledge and understand that in participating in any dance class, workshop, program, performance, recital, or dance-related activity, there are inherent risks of physical injury, property damage, or death. In full recognition of these risks, I hereby knowingly and voluntarily agree to assume all risks and responsibility for any such injury, accident, or other damage which may result to me or my child during my child’s participation in any such dance class, workshop, program, performance, recital or dance-related activity offered by or on behalf of Ever After Event Productions, LLC (“OC Dance Productions”), including all risks reasonably connected with such activity, whether foreseen or unforeseen. I acknowledge and understand that Ever After Event Productions, LLC assumes no responsibility for any medical expenses, injury, or other damage suffered as a result of my child’s participation in the activity for which he or she is being registered.
I further agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Ever After Event Productions LLC, its affiliates, subsidiaries, other partners, and vendors and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, instructors, shareholders, legal representatives, agents, successors, and assigns, from and against any demands, claims, damages, liabilities, penalties, costs, expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees, expert fees, and litigation costs), or causes of action of any kind or character that arise out of, result from, or are otherwise connected with the willful or negligent acts, errors, or omissions of my child or my child’s participation in the dance class, workshop, program, performance, or dance-related activity for which my child is being registered.
I understand that Ever After Event Productions, LLC may take photographs, video recordings, and/or audio recordings of me and/or my child during this activity for future advertising purposes, and I hereby consent to the reproduction and authorization by Ever After Event Productions, LLC to reproduce and use such photographs and recordings for publicity purposes without receiving compensation for such use. I understand and acknowledge that this event is a non-city-sponsored event.
In cooperation with security guidelines, I acknowledge that my dancer must remain backstage for the duration of the entire recital and will be supervised by OCDP staff and that I may not pick up my dancer before the show concludes. This waiver states I agree to these recital security standards and do not hold Ever After Event Productions, LLC liable. I also acknowledge that Ever After Event Productions, LLC (“OC Dance Productions”) has the right to refuse enrollment and/or participation to any participant at any time. Instructors and background-checked staff is supervising at all times however your specific teacher will be with your class and their other dancers during the show. Early check-out is not permitted and cannot be accommodated due to security reasons.
I understand and agree that Ever After Event Productions, LLC (“OC Dance Productions”) have set in place specific policies and procedures during the COVID-19 pandemic and could mandate the use of masks, PPE, and/or social distancing measures during class and/or the recital for all participants, audience members, and/or staff at any time. These policies and procedures could change at any time by OC Dance Productions, the CDC, County of Orange, Los Angeles, or Riverside, the State of California, or the City in which my child’s class or the recital is being held. I am aware of and understand the risks associated with taking a class or participating in the recital with OC Dance Productions during the COVID-19 outbreak. All families, participants, and staff will be held to any and all health and safety measures placed on classes or performances. By registering my child for the recital, I understand and agree to comply at all times for the safety of others. I understand that non-compliance may result in my child not being allowed to participate.
I understand recital dates and times are subject to change or cancelation at any time and/or for any reason related or non-related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
By signing this Waiver and Release from Liability, I certify that I have read, understood, and agree to be legally bound by the terms herein. I further certify that I am the parent or legal guardian of the child being registered.
I hereby certify that I have read, understand, and agree to the Waiver and Release from Liability Form.
All participants must agree to the following terms to complete registration:
- Name of Recital: Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
- Location of Recital: Bill Medley Auditorium at Santa Ana High School. 520 W Walnut Street, Santa Ana, CA 92701
- Date/Time of Recital: May 22, 2022* Showtime will be assigned at least one month prior, please reserve the day. *Subject to change.
- Recital Registration and the Recital Commitment Fee must be completed on or by February 28, 2022. Any registrations and fees permitted after that date may subject the registered participant to additional charges associated with late order processing and/or rush shipping.
- Recital participants must be enrolled in the appropriate class for all required sessions (winter and spring). If recital participants are enrolled in a class that consists of multiple consecutive sessions, proof of continued enrollment in the subsequent sessions is required to participate in the recital.
- Dancers will need to be checked in one hour prior to showtime. Dancers must remain with their class for the duration of the show. Parents are encouraged to watch the show in its entirety, as no dancers will be released early, no exceptions. Upon conclusion of the show, we will release dancers in show order, class by class. Please send one representative from your party to the check-out area to pick up your dancer.
- Parents or guardians will not be permitted past the dancer holding area. Authorized paid and trained staff will be the only people who may be with dancers in the holding area. No parent volunteers. Only OC Dance background-checked staff is permitted in the holding area. For this reason, relatives, siblings, and/or parents will not be permitted in the holding area.
- Flash photography and video recording are not permitted for safety and due to auditorium policies. Tripods will be asked to be taken down and guests asked to remain in seats as to not obstruct other patrons’ view of the show. Non-flash photography is permitted throughout the show. DVDs will be available for purchase to commemorate the event up to one week after the show. DVD processing time is 8-12 weeks and includes shipping to you.
- The Recital Commitment Fee of $74 is non-refundable and must be paid online on or by February 28, 2022. $45 for boy participants (costumes) and provide their own black shorts/pants. This one-time payment will be used to purchase a costume and/or props and accessories for the registered participant, in addition to applicable shipping and handling costs.
- Ever After Event Productions, LLC (“OC Dance Productions”) shall not be liable for any charges associated with insufficient funds. In the event OC Dance Productions incurs any such charges, OC Dance Productions will pass the charges directly to the account holder plus a $15 admin fee.
- In the event the registered participant withdraws from participation in the Recital, cannot participate due to unforeseen circumstances, or the Recital must be postponed or canceled by Ever After Event Productions, LLC (“OC Dance Productions”) for reasons related to the COVID-19 pandemic, he or she will still receive the costume and/or props and accessories which were paid for in advance with the Recital Commitment Fee, which shall at all times remain nonrefundable. Pick up available in-person until session end date. Shipping available until June 30, 2022, and participant is responsible for all shipping charges. Costumes will be donated if not retrieved in-person by session end date or requested for shipping by June 30, 2022.
- Tickets for the Recital can be purchased online in advance for a lower pre-sale price or at the door on the date of the Recital for a slightly raised price, cash only. Online tickets will only be available for purchase until the Tuesday before the show. Registered participants will be notified when tickets go on sale.
- Auditorium doors open at least 30 minutes before scheduled showtime. Seats are on a first-come basis. Audience members are limited to dancer’s immediate household members only. Seat saving will not be permitted, please keep your group together.
I understand and agree to the Recital Participation Policies
I understand no refunds will be given at any time and/or for any reason related or non-related to the COVID-19 pandemic
I agree all parents/guardians of my child are aware of and agree to these policies. It is the registering parent’s responsibility to inform additional parents/guardians of policies.
When are ticket sales released and how much are tickets?
- Tickets are available for online purchase 6-8 weeks in advance. Registered participants will be emailed when tickets are available for purchase.
- Tickets range from $15-$30 depending on pre-sale and day of sales. Proceeds from the tickets go directly to the rental costs of the auditorium, SAHS staff, and security. Audience members are limited to dancer’s immediate household members only.
Where are recitals held?
- Our recitals are held at the beautifully renovated Bill Medley Auditorium at Santa Ana High School. The facility has a fully operating stage and staff, secured backstage, and professional sound and lighting.
Why is there a deadline to register for recital?
- Almost every studio in the country hosts a spring recital and costumes must be ordered months in advance to ensure they are in stock and arrive in time for recital. Due to global shipping delays, OCDP will be strict about not allowing participants to register after the deadline.
- So we can move forward with planning and provide accurate information to registered participants in a timely manner.
How long does the recital last?
- OCDP typically hosts 2 to 4 recitals in one day. Your child will only participate in one. If your dancer is in multiple dance classes, they could be in multiple shows. Each show lasts approximately 60 to 90 minutes. Call time for each show is 1 hour prior.
What are your COVID-19 policies for recital?
- OCDP will follow any and all state, local, and auditorium guidelines. Guidelines are subject to change at any time and/or for any reason to ensure the health and safety of our dancers and their families. Non-compliance may result in your child not being allowed to participate.
- Please be sure your dancer and your family are comfortable with any guidelines that may be set in place prior to registering for recital. No refunds will be given for any reason related or non-related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Day-of policies will be announced to parents via email closer to the recital date.
My child wants to do recital again! Is there another?
- Yes, we host two recitals a year, a spring show in May or June and a winter show at the close of the fall session in December. Registration for the May/June recital begins in January/February and registration for the December recital starts in September.
What happens backstage and in the dancer holding area?
- The entire OCDP staff works each recital and are with your children backstage and in the dancer holding area. Each class remains with their instructor, class, and other staff for the duration of the recital. Backstage is locked off and secured only allowing our background-cleared staff to interact with dancers before and after their performance.
Can we get a DVD of the recital?
- Yes, OCDP hires a professional videographer to capture the recital. DVDs can be ordered online or the day of the event. Registered participants will be emailed when DVDs are available for purchase.
I have more questions, who do I contact?
- We are happy to answer them! Either email your instructor with specific questions or feel free to contact the OCDP office with any questions or concerns you may have!
- Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office phone: 714-389-1933