How to Measure for Your Costume
Parents, please view this video below from one of our costume vendors on how to measure for your costume. As mentioned if you are between or close to sizes, order up.
- Measure your child while she/he is wearing a leotard or form-fitting clothing for the most accurate measurements, do not measure your child in street clothes
- When trying to decide which size to order, girth should be the most important measurement for girls; if your child’s measurements fall under multiple sizes, go for the larger of the multiple sizes.
- Have your dancer stand straight with their weight evenly distributed
- The measurement tape should be snug but not too tight on circumference measurements and stretched tight for vertical measurements
- XLC and XXLC sizes are made to fit a larger child, not a petite adult
- Use your measurements to SELECT FOUR SIZES, 1 size for Weissmans 1 size for Revolution and 1 size for Curtain Call, 1 for Discount Dance
- OCDP will not select sizes for you. You are responsible for measuring and sizing, follow the instructions exactly; costumes are NON-refundable NON-exchangeable and you are responsible for any appropriate alterations.
- Your measurements and size selections need to be included on your recital form to be considered complete
- Boys: please provide street clothing size for Pants/Shorts and T-Shirt where indicated.